RUN-PC Triage Tool Training Modules
Responding to Urgency of Need in Palliative Care
These four training modules can be accessed by groups of staff when implementing the RUN-PC Triage Tool at your specialist palliative care service, or by individuals to refresh or on-board staff members.
Module 1: Introduction to triage in palliative care (18 mins)
- What is triage and where does it fit in palliative care?
- The ethics and rationale of evidence-based triage
- Reflection: Your current practice and attitudes towards palliative care triage
Module 2: Development of the RUN-PC Triage Tool (34 mins)
- Study 1: Qualitative work
- Study 2: Scoring System
- Study 3: Validation and Recommended Responses
Module 3: Using the RUN-PC Triage Tool (57 mins)
- RUN-PC Triage Tool item definitions and user tips
- Worked examples for the inpatient setting
- Worked examples for the community setting
- Frequently asked questions
Module 4: Implementing the RUN-PC Triage Tool (21 mins)
- Planning phase
- Implementation phase
- Maintenance phase
© St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne) Limited 2022
The RUN-PC Triage Tool Training Modules are materials licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence. You are free to re‑use the materials under that licence, on the condition that: (a) you credit St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne) Limited as author of the materials; (b) you do not commercialise the materials and (c) you do not produce derivative works from the materials.